I like these awards a lot because this helps in knowing the bloggers better. I feel that if someone knows about a person and understands the background of every post it makes everyone relate and feel the words more. Isn’t it?
I am so humbled that two of my friends have found me worthy enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! ( I have more of this same award but I will post them later)
The two kind souls are Orkidedatter, whose lines really reverberate through my soul and touch my heart and Sneha Ganesh, who is an equally amazing writer and has even published her own book, congratulations Sneha!
Thank you Lillian and Sneha, from my heart.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
List the rules and display the logo.
Answer the questions.
Nominate some more amazing bloggers.
1. Tell us three things about the place and country where you live now.
I live in Kolkata, which is the city of joy. It lives up to its name on the myriads of festivals especially, Durga puja. It is a beautiful place with amazing places to visit and spend time. It has its legacy sewed in every nook and corner which recite the story of the regal city. With amazing places to visit, it sprinkles the bliss of bengali culture on everyone here. It has the Coffee house, whose walls are woven with memories of past, Princep ghat by the Ganga, heritage places etc.
(Now I should stop!)
I live in India and I could go on but I will restrict myself. It is country of unity in diversity. The rich culture of every community sparkles with the smiles of the people. It has a rich history and a gift of vast natural elements. Some may feel that diversity is our weakness but no! This is our strength and the weapon is tolerance and internalisation. It leads in many aspects and is a home to legends.
2. Can you remember a teacher for their influence or words of wisdom?
I had a teacher in class 10. His name was Alok Kumar and was my social science teacher. I feel he is the best teacher in the world. No teacher could be this generous and understanding. I admire him a lot. Apart from him, my present teachers and some others also have a great influence on me. My sociology teacher, particularly has a personality I admire, though I don’t share a very personalised relation with her. My english teacher is probably the most beautiful lady, inside out. She encourages me most.
My favourite teacher is my father😊 and I couldn’t say less for my mother.
3. Have you been to a school reunion?
I am still in school and I know I will be very glad to revisit both my schools one day.
4. If money or rarity were not a problem, what would you want for your next birthday?
I want to travel and visit the whole world, XD
5. If you were stranded on a desert island with nothing and let’s face it, if you were shipwrecked you are not likely to have your favourite books etc. Would you rather have any person with you or be alone?
I would want my family and my best friends to be with me.
6. If you were offered a part as extra in a film, what would you like to be?
I would like to be the best friend of the hero who would have a role in match making!
7. If reincarnation is true,what would you like to be next time?
I would like to be me again, no one else.
8. What is your favourite mode of transport?
A convertible car( I will surely buy one someday!)
And if you ask one among the ones I have ridden, then a toy train perhaps or tram😁
9. City,suburbs or rural retreat?
City but I love the suburbs too.
10. What is your idea of a dream night out?
I would sneak out in my car with my best friends or my future boyfriend, drive through the quiet, sparkling Kolkata in night, especially the Red road and sit on the Princep ghat (a beautiful garden and ghat in Kolkata by the Ganga) and watch the sunrise.
11. When you are choosing birthday cards, do you prefer flowery or funny?
1. What is the best compliment you ever received?
Every compliment I receive is precious to me. The best one will be every compliment I ever received.
2. Three things about you that you feel people should know about?
I am an introvert but caring and a little moody.
3. Your secret wish?
I wish to make my parents proud, well this is not secret wish though. My secret wish would be that I want to make a library in my future home or write a book someday. Another wish I have is that I want to do something for the people, I want to plant trees and take the responsibility of the education of atleast one poor child.
4. If you had to tell me something about me, what would you tell me?
Sneha, you have a positive and unputdownable spirit. Don’t ever change. Be like this. ☺️
5. Your top 5 favourite songs.
This is tough. I love many songs, but top 5..Okay.. I will try.
1. Perfect by Ed Sheeran
2. Pehla nasha – Jo jeeta wahi sikandar
3. Jab koi baat bigad jaye- Kumar Sanu, Jurm
4.21 guns- Green day + Boulevard of broken dreams
5. Love me like you do- Ellie Goulding.
( I could name a thousand songs in every rank but.. well this is a rough draft)
Special mention– Let her go- Passenger
Thinking out loud- Ed sheeran( Actually all songs of him XD)
Tumko paya hai-Om shanti Om ( and almost every 90s song)
And LINKIN PARK. I didn’t include any of their songs in my list because I am unable to choose one for every song is close to my heart.
PS. I actually listen to almost every kind of song. I would have mentioned my favourite Rabindra sangeet as well but the post would become too long.
6. Your favourite quote.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
By Margaret Wolfe Hungerford.
7. Three specialities of the place you stay in.
I think I have already said enough about the place I stay in. Lol.
8. Dream holiday destination?
Well, anywhere. But I would love to visit Venice.
9. One thing you love and hate about people( character traits)?
I love when people are smart and ambitious and ofcourse honest. I get attracted to brain than anything else in a person.
I hate disloyal or dishonest people, basically the double faced or fake ones.
10. Favourite fiction book?
Well, I have many, 😂
The Alchemist- Paolo Coelho
Love in the time of cholera- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The kiterunner- Khaled Hosseini
How to fall in love- Cecelia Ahern
PS. I love you- Cecelia Ahern
Every Agatha Christie book I have ever read.
11. If you were stuck on an island with five people, who would you want them to be? One has to be an actor or actress
Well, my father, mother, brother, my best friend and Aamir Khan or Chris Hemsworth would do 😉
Thank you for reading and letting me make you a little mad haha.
I would nominate everyone who is reading to choose from the various questions I have answered above and write their own answers to them (Yes, i am a little lazy!😂)
Thank you everyone who love me and my work so much! ❤️